It has been a challenging start to the Dunlop Super2 Series for Jordyn Sinni at the Thrifty Bathurst 500, with both mechanical failures and red flags making it difficult for the #54 CarCity Commodore to make a mark across the weekend.  


Sinni rolled out for Friday’s two practice sessions with some confidence, placing eighth in the first session. Qualifying was competitive though, with Sinni completing a 2:07.3267, just 0:01.1078 behind P1, and enough to place the #54 ZB Commodore in 13th for the first race.  


As they say, The Mountain is always full of surprises and it sure didn’t disappoint for the Dunlop Super 2 season opener. It didn’t take long before the first Safety Car was called, after Callum Walker stalled on the start line, requiring a tow truck. Time was against the field to get the race underway before a second Safety Car was deployed after Cooper Murray crashed out behind Kai Allen on the restart.  


The Mountain continued to bite hard, and a red flag was called after Cameron Crick turned into Zane Morse heading up the Cutting, ultimately causing a 9-car pile-up.  


Although it was a 40-minute race, only 7 laps were recorded; Sinni was lucky to escape the drama and crossed the line in 11th.  


“It was a pretty tough weekend to be honest,” said Sinni.  


“We suffered brake issues for majority of the weekend, which we struggled to fix and so it really hurt my confidence going over the top of the hill. I was trail braking a lot coming down the hill, so with those brake issues, I wasn’t too confident.  


“Race 1 was a really odd one! With all the Safety Cars called and the red flag, we didn’t really cross the line and complete a clear lap. So, that was a bit disappointing and made it very tricky to try and get a handle and feel of the car because of the constant stopping and slowing down.”  


With hopes that Sunday would be a better day, qualifying proved another tough session – with Sinni’s fastest flying lap enough to place him 14th ahead of the final race.  


An impressive start from Sinni wasn’t enough to push the CarCity entry through the field, instead two stalled cars on the line would diminish Sinni’s track position, pushing him down to 17th.  


It was another drama-filled race, with multiple Safety Cars deployed again; putting Sinni in recovery mode as he tried to charge through the field. With time not on his side, 14th was all he could manage.  


“Race 2 we started in 14th and finished 14th,” said Sinni. 


“I got a pretty good launch off the start line and then two cars in front of me stalled and I went to go around them, but unfortunately had to pass them on the grass and I ended up dropping back to about 17th.  


“I was also still fighting the braking issues that I had been battling the day before, so every time I went for a pass the car wasn’t pulling up as much as I was hoping it would and I ended up making a couple of mistakes, which put me back to second to last. 


“After that, I only had about 7 or 8 green laps to come back through and I managed to make up 7 positions to finish 14th, which was a good recovery really.  


“It wasn’t quite the weekend I was hoping for unfortunately. We didn’t really have the speed like we did at the test day back in February. But we have a long 12 weeks before we head to Perth, so we’ll re-group and get those braking issues sorted out and hopefully give it a good crack come Perth! 


“A big thanks to the Eggleston Motorsport crew for all their help over the weekend. Also, a big shout out to all my sponsors and supporters – racing wouldn’t be possible without you all, so thank you.  


“I look forward to seeing you all at Perth!”  


The Dunlop Super Series next head to the Perth SuperSprint 17-19 May.  



Friday 23rd February 

Practice 1 – 8th  

Practice 2 – NA 


Saturday 24th February 

Qualifying – 13th  

Race 1 – 11th  


Sunday 25th February 

Qualifying – 14th  

Race 2 – 14th